Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bucket List: SPECIAL ADDITION

Now, I normally post on Tuesdays, but I read the 30 day challenge/bucket list on @sexythinker's Twitter account through Talent Revolution and I thought that I should definitely contribute:

  • Go to practice or the gymnastics gym at least 2 times per week for at least 2 hours
  • Participate in at least 2 community service functions in the area 
  • Gain at least 500 twitter followers and follow at least 500 tweeters
  • Take on a larger project at work and rock it out
  • Go on a date at least once a week with Ryan
  • Create a budget and actually stick to it
  • Paint at least one piece of art this month
  • Create overall career goals and understand how to get there
  • Let myself enjoy something luxurious this month
  • Figure out how to take my blogs to the next level
  • Go to HH at least once a week with various friends to stay in touch
I'll let y'all know how it goes, but I definitely can accomplish these as long as I'm not lazy!


Loving this challenge and I challenge all of you to try the same!

6 comments:

  1. Great goals! Can't wait to hear how they are progressing! I will be hopping on the 30 day challenge soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!
    U rock this out home girl! You will do it I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris and Ty! I'm looking forward to it! I think its awesome that TR has had a push for us to set goals. Outside of long term ones, I forget to set short ones consistently and want to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Belinda,

    I've just learned in the past months how important it is for the artistic to keep in touch with their art...hope we'll get a chance to check out whatever you paint this month!

    As far as the career goals go, good for you! Remember that long term plans are awesome, but make sure to schedule those shorter term check-ins so you can celebrate along the way. I hope that there's something along you path that I can do to help you out...big or small...whatever it is, please just let me know.

    All the best,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic list & I'm excited to keep up with your progress as you knock these goals out!

    Question about the twitter goal, though: "Gain at least 500 twitter followers and follow at least 500 tweeters." In following an equal number of tweeters to the number of followers you're hoping to gain; I'm guessing you're focusing on reciprocal following.. but, is that it? When you look at following 500 - what was the the thought behind that, if you don't mind my asking?

    I'm interested in the large # of followings - there's obviously the benefit of the reach (which I get); but the reality is at some point, while it may go into our feeds to scan, we're not absorbing the tweets of thousands of people. Does that diminish the return value; or lessen the point of following them to begin with? Just something I'm pondering & since you mentioned it, thought I'd ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree Brandon! Thanks for the insight!

    Crystal-Reciprocal following is definitely important to me, as I follow people on Twitter that I want to interact with. The number 500 is arbitrary, to the amount that I have currently (263) and I wanted to double that.

    I think your point is definitely valid, as sometimes you can begin to not interact as much because of the large number of followers. My goal was to follow a substantial group for each facet of interest that I have on Twitter; HR consulting, Social Media consulting, restaurants, Atlanta Falcons, NFL, Dance, Cheerleading and Non-Profit Organizations. My goal is to create lists depending on my interest so that I can interact optimally. I have done well with the HR,SM and Falcons followings, but not so much with the others. I wanted to build that more. I think it definitely becomes a challenge to keep up with, but I wanted to do more on Twitter anyway!

    I think if you don't put effort in, yes a large number of followings/followers can diminish your impact. My goal is also to keep up with it (maybe that will be on the next bucket list!)

    If you have anymore insight, I'd love to hear it! :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete