Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Remember Your Loved Ones


While the title may evoke some negative connotations, this post is meant to be very positive and multi-faceted. Firstly, I’ll go into what sparked this post. This past weekend, on Saturday, I went to the fair and watched the Texas game and Rangers game with my family and my boyfriend. On Sunday, I spent it watching movies, cooking and lounging around the apartment with my boyfriend. On Monday, I had a good day at work actually learning a few new things, finishing up stuff that I was tired of dealing with and being creative (one of my favorite things to do). Monday evening, I went to a beginner ballet class (if you know me, I’ve been dancing for over 20 years, but I wanted to do a basic class) and then watched TV and hung out with my roommate. 

So far, my week has been amazing, and here is why. I did things with people that I love and care about (loved ones). I also did things that I LOVE to do; the fair, relaxing, football, baseball, ballet, etc. (more loved ones). Now I know that a lot of my previous posts talk about not losing yourself and doing things that make you happy. Another caveat to that advice is to keep those who you love and care about close by (even if it is just over the phone). This definitely aids in the charge of not losing yourself in your daily routines. My family really knows and “gets” me (which does say a lot). They know when I am having problems or are sad or upset without me telling them or them even seeing me. They know when we talk on the phone! My boyfriend and roommate are the same way. They can tell exactly why I’m irritated or why I’m happy.  

Keeping the things you love to do close to you definitely changes your outlook on things. Keeping the people you care about close further enhances that positive outlook. I didn’t mind getting up early and going to work to get a flu shot this morning because I am still in a mood created over a period of a couple of days. I rather like to end my posts with a challenge, so here is this weeks: If you haven’t seen someone you care about in a while, either call or make plans to visit. If you haven’t done something that you absolutely love to do, try and do it sometime this month. 

Those two challenges definitely involve some changes to your routine. I like routine, but I also like that excitement of seeing someone I’ve missed or doing something that I’ve missed. I hope all of you have the same result!

No comments:

Post a Comment